Innovation Smart Center Spallanzani Hospital
Innovation Smart Center (ISC), Lazzaro Spallanzani Hospital, Rome, Italy
Massimiliano and Doriana Fuksas developed a proposal for the design of the ISC (Innovation Smart Center) as part of the National Institute for Infectious Diseases “Lazzaro Spallanzani”, in Rome, Italy.
The new building is located in the central courtyard of the former High Isolation building, originally designed for the SARS-BIOTERRORISM Emergency Plan.
The innovation smart center is characterized by a design that considers:
– digitalization, through IoT (internet of things) applied to medicine;
– technology, through the use of artificial intelligence and robotics;
– scientific innovation, with the inclusion of research centers and advanced testing laboratories;
– flexibility, to meet the different needs that may arise depending on health emergencies;
– safety, with differentiated and protected paths;
– automation, for a more efficient management of resources, times and costs.
The proposal for the Spallanzani ISC also concerns the redevelopment of the project site, in full consideration of energy sustainability (through the inclusion of photovoltaic panels and piezoelectric floors) and of technological innovation (through the use of sensors and artificial intelligence).
The intervention consists in the identification of three main areas of development:
– The existing building, to be upgraded in terms of energy consumption.
– The new building, to be dedicated to research and experimentation and to be designed considering functionality, technology and environmental efficiency;
– The park, to be reserved for the leisure time of doctors and health workers, characterized by the planting of new natural and technological trees.
Innovation Smart Center (ISC), Lazzaro Spallanzani Hospital
Massimiliano and Doriana Fuksas